Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Wednesday Round-Up: Bruce Irvin 'Supposed To Be Here' After First Game Back With - Seahawks.com

Bruce Irvin Joins 710 ESPN Seattle's Bob, Dave and Moore

Bruce Irvin starred with the Seahawks in the earlier days for head coach Pete Carroll, and now he's back for a second helping. A first-round draft pick by Seattle in 2012, Irvin totaled eight sacks as a rookie and helped the Seahawks win Super Bowl XLVIII in his second season.

In the first four seasons of his career, Irvin amassed 22 sacks and 133 tackles for the Seahawks. After his fourth season, Irvin signed with the Oakland Raiders and subsequently broke his career-high for tackles in a season. Last year, he had a career-high 8.5 sacks for the Carolina Panthers before deciding it was time to return home. In Week 1, Irvin had three tackles, one tackle for loss and two quarterback hits in the Seahawks' win.

In an interview with 710 ESPN Seattle's Bob, Dave and Moore on Tuesday, Irvin was featured as the "Seahawks spotlight" interview. During the interview, Irvin discussed the feeling of being back in Seattle, how he's changed as a player and if the Seahawks are being overlooked this season. He also talked about playing more at linebacker now, his life as a family man and previewed a matchup with Patriots quarterback and his former teammate Cam Newton.

On how it felt to be back in Seattle after four years away:

"It felt like I'm supposed to be here. The ** talking I was doing and the guys flying around (on Sunday), it felt like I was always supposed to be here. It's right. Everything's the same, it's like I picked right up where I left off back in 2015. That's very rare in this league for you to come back into a situation and be comfortable like you've been there for years. So, I'm just happy to be back – I'm going to take advantage of it."

On the differences between him as a rookie in 2012 vs. now:

"One-hundred percent I agree that I'm a much better player now than I was here (in Seattle) the first time. The game is much slower, I understand certain things (more). I understand to set up my moves during the pass rush. It's just the things you learn from playing the game for a long time. I'm definitely a much more polished player and I understand the game a lot more on this go-around than back in 2012."

On how it was to play with no fans:

"I actually liked it a lot. You can hear communication, guys talking, you can hear the snap count. And with guys being physical, you can hear those pads talking – that's always great to hear, too. To me, it was a pretty cool experience for the most part."

On if the Seahawks are being overlooked:

"I think so, but we're just going to let our work talk for us. We're prepared and we work hard during the week, so it translates to Sunday. I know we're going to keep putting in work so hopefully it keeps translating to Sunday and we continue to stack these wins up."

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"Here" - Google News
September 17, 2020 at 02:28AM
https://ift.tt/3hCjVRA

Wednesday Round-Up: Bruce Irvin 'Supposed To Be Here' After First Game Back With - Seahawks.com
"Here" - Google News
https://ift.tt/39D7kKR
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

A New Cafe, Cocktail Bar, Sports Pub, and Pickleball Destination Is Opening in Far South Austin - Eater Austin

takanadalagi.blogspot.com Two new sibling bars are opening in far south Austin sometime this year. There’s cafe and cocktail bar Drifters S...

Postingan Populer